Monday, November 22, 2004

Unemployed & Injured

I've started a blog in an attempt to give myself an outlet to describe my training and racing without boring the people with whom I physically interact.

The opportunity to set this up has occurred because I am, to use a euphamism, between jobs. I've been working for my own company for the last eighteen months, and this may continue, but presently I will take what I can get. If any reader is at all interested in what I do in a working sense, go to www.amigo.com.au

The other reason I have the time to set up a blog is that I'm not training today. My left knee is a mess. I haven't been for a real run for nine days. I have a tight ITB, giving me patella femeral pain and my physio also suspects tendonitis and some cartilage damage. I see the physio tomorrow and a sports doctor next Monday.

So for the last week I have been swimming and bike riding on alternate days to keep my fitness up. Today I tried to run on my treadmill and got severe pain within two minutes. It hasn't gone away. I'd like to go for a swim, but I think with the knee the way it is I'll just hit the Seek website for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home