Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Soft physio, a 1.5K swim and no coach

Had a physio appt this morning. My regular physio, Stephen "The Torturer" Cunningham is on holidays, so I was attended by a lady named Linda. Linda was nowhere near as heavy with the ITB massage as Stephen, so although it is nice not to have to go through the pain, I left feeling as though it might not have been as beneficial as my regular torture session. I probably won't even bruise, and the bruises from last weeks session with Stephen are still well and truly visible.

This afternoon I went for a long swim in the 25m pool. I wanted to do a long slow 1.5K. Halfway through a faster guy joined the lane, so I started having to take breaks every 4 laps to let him through. So I upped the speed a bit, and let him through every 5 laps, using the break to catch my breath a bit. This got pretty tiring towards the end, but all in all a good workout.

But the shock of the day was in my Inbox. For the last year I have been using the manager of my gym as a running coach. He has coached me to my first marathon and has been a great source of advice and encouragement. He lives around the corner and doesn't mind if I drop in on him at home for advice. He even minds my dogs occasionally, and last night he took them in when they escaped. Craig is a top bloke

Well, Craig has resigned from the gym effective immediately. I'll see him tonight and get the full story, but I'll miss him. This probably means that I will be coached by www.coolrunning.com.au from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home