Friday, January 26, 2007

It's Time To Get Serious!!

I have to admit, I've been struggling a bit in terms of motivation so far this year, and the reason for that is quite simple - I haven't had a clear "focus" race.

So it's time to set some goals and pick some target races.

There are only two goals for 2007. Originally there were to be three, but one of them was to run under 50 minutes for 10K again, and I've done that.

So the two goals are as I have stated previously: A 1:50 HM and a 75 minute C2S.

I've come back from Bali with a different type of Bali Belly from the normal Bali Belly: it's a Belly that grew in Bali. Over the next few weeks I hope to rid myself of this belly and line up for the Weston Creek Half Marathon on March 11. This time I have to be in with a shot of nabbing 1:50.

After Weston Creek I want to give some attention to the SMH Half. I've only run it once, and I was much slower back then. I want to record a serious time on it. This race will be run about a month after the baby is due, so it will be difficult to know what to expect - I'll possibly have more important things to do than train.

The target races after that will be:

- The Gold Coast Half
- C2S

C2S is end game. There will be no stone left unturned this year. I'm going to try to get there at sparrowfart and get close to the front of the green bibs, and hopefully in 2008 I'll have the holy grail:

The red bib.

In family news, all is well. DJ has just gone into the third trimester and is starting to get very sore and tired, but all is going very well with the bub.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good news that 'Bub' is doing well, Ben...that's the main thing for now. Seems like you have some good goals to work towards for the rest of this year; keep at it!

5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home