Wednesday, November 24, 2004

On yer bike

I am starting to come to terms with not being able to run. Don't get me wrong, there is not much I would rather do than get out and run for 10K right now, but I am learning to deal with it.

Today it was dealt with via an 18K bike ride in the morning. I have used this course before for running. It is usually a good 2 hour run which takes in the lovely fragrant turf farms of the Hawkesbury and comes up into Richmond via Bensons Lane, where I used to play Aussie Rules once a year as a junior Pennant Hills Demon against the Hawkesbury Saints. I played football like I run: wholeheartedly, but not very well.

The ride was good, but there is one pretty sharp hill involved, and I think I am lucky that the bike needed some running repairs at the top of it because that got my heartrate back down, and if I hadn't done that I might have really stuffed myself up (like I did last Friday on my first bike ride). All in all, an enjoyable workout.

The knee has felt pretty awful all day, and I can't wait to get in and see the sports doctor next Monday.

After the ride I went out to Bondi to see my sister and my two week old niece. Very exciting for a first time uncle.

Still not much on the job front.

Pool tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home