Friday, May 04, 2007

Operation Red Bib

As most of you would know, Sydney's biggest running event is the City 2 Surf, a hilly 14K run from Sydney to Bondi. People who run it under 75 minutes earn a red bib for the folowing year's race, which means they start with the first group.

This is a feat I have yet to achieve. I've been close once, but to be honest I always considered this a timing mishap. I ran 82 minutes last year, and I beleive that was an accurate reflection of where I was at back then.

I have not specifically trained for C2S for about 4 years, but this year I decided it would be a target race, and the target is sub 75. You can get a red bib by submiting a comparable 10K time, but I want to earn my red bib in the time honoured fashion.

So after my success on the Pat Carroll SMH Half program, I decided the ideal way to plan for this assault on a sub 75 C2S was to employ Pat Carroll to design my program for C2S. Pat hasan online coaching service, so for the next three months I am coached by Pat Carroll.

I sent him my history and other details yesterday, and I get my program next week. Until then I'm just going to take it easy and fully recover from Bathurst.

4 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

That sounds a good plan, Ben. Let Pat Carroll worry about the program while you worry about the family :-)

TA

7:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Best thing ever is to have someone else do the programming for you!
Hopefully see you Gold Coast!

7:35 pm  
Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said...

great to see you take up the PC coaching - you want to make each run count now your chasing the red one. Mouse were just talking about C2S yesterday, and about you and des. Freaky timing. Have you stopped dancing yet?

7:11 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Sorry Ben, it's been a while. Bloglines dropped you.

Congrats on the 1:49:13. Great time that. Also for hooking up with Pat. I'm sure you'll keep improving and go well under 'red bib' time at C2S.

Hope the twins and yourself enjoy West Met. Saturday arvo cross country is good fun :)

11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home