Saturday, June 23, 2007

So Much Going On !!!!

I'm a very busy boy at the moment.

My training has been progressing well since my last post. The first week was a recovery week with no fast running. It's funny how absolutely fat and bloated I felt having only done four slow runs at the end of the week. By the end of it I couldn't wait to get into a bit of speedwork.

My diet was also pretty ordinary during that week, and I really noticed the difference that getting my five vegies a day made when I got it back on track.

Since then I've been training solidly. It's been cold, raining and generally 'orrible in Sydney for the last three weeks, and I'm glad to say that I have yet to miss a session due to the weather. It's been hard to get motivated a couple of times. Marlz and I actually turned back once, but the rain had abated by the time we got back home, so we ran anyway.

So the schedule for the next month is:

Thu 28/6 - Drive to Gold Coast with three screaming kids.
Sun 1/7 - Run Gold Coast Half, cheer and rehydrate.
Tue 3/7 - Drive back to Sydney with three screaming kids.
Fri 6/7 - Settle new house.
Sat 7/7 to 10/7 - Move in to new house.
Wed 11/7 to Sat 14/7 - Attend work conference.

Let's add into the mix that I have just been given extra responsibility at work and I'll be learning all about an area of the business I have not been heavily involved with in the past. It's just going to be a busy month.

In the meantime, something I'm exceptionally happy about is happening. Marlz has decided to move into the area that I live in. This means that we will be able to train together more often. It also means that we will be able to spend more time tooling around. Cool!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

I hope to see you on Sunday Benny. Good to see your dedication with the training.

My brother tells me that portable DVD players are the best thing invented for driving with screaming kids. Only trouble is, they need one each!

10:03 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Nah. The best way to deal with the kids is to hang 'em out the window by their toes, and when they whinge pretend to let go...

Have a fantastic time up there, and back here, and moving in, and learning your new job, and... (puff, puff, pant, pant) :-)

Gnome

p.s. make sure to write a report!

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home