Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cross Country Quinella

Last year I attempted to get one of the twins (Bop) into the great sport of long distance running. Bop's antipathy to discomfort combined with the difficulty of training around work and spending every second weekend at their father's meant that this fell away. It may be back on the agenda.

On Tuesday the twins had their Cross Country race at school.

Bop was well out in front after two thirds of the race. She got too confident, and slowed down too much. She didn't realise that her competitive sister had other plans, and Bop got pipped on the post by Em.

DJ saw the race, and I talked to both excited placegetters just after the race.

So both of them are off to the Zone Cross Country, and they both want to train for it.

This means thatwe have reorganised our weekend so that we will all run the Sydney West Metropolitan Cross Country on Saturday. I'm glad about this - it's just down the road, and on my favourite training run, so I'd like to be there.

My new program started yesterday, and I'm happy with what Pat has given me. It's very similar to the SMH half program: four runs a week - two speed sessions, an easy 50 minute run and a 2:10 Sunday long run.

3 Comments:

Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Environment wins over genetics again! :-)

Gnome

11:24 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's great - I'm really looking forward to my kids being old enough to run ... I'll have to restrain myself and make sure I'm not one of those psycho parents screaming "run faster"!! ;)

7:46 pm  
Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said...

thats great - i hope they have lots of fun and feel special representing their school! Is it wrong for parents to live through their kids?? Hope not,, cause I do too...

6:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home