Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ouch

Last night I took the new Air Perseus’s out for their first hit out on the reverse loop of the course I mapped out a few days ago. They felt terrible – very stiff and cramped. They feel a bit small for me and by the end of the run my feet were actually aching. I’ll see if I can replace them or get a refund.

Apart from this it was an OK run – the loop is providing a bit of undulation to my otherwise flat training and the cardio system was not liking it yesterday. Well, get used to it cardio – I’ll be doing more of it.

I’ve been using a herbal sleeping aid for the last week, and it’s worked a treat. I’m getting a good 4 -6 hours a night, which is up a fair bit. I’ve decided to start blogging the sleep regularly.

I’ve also decided to start blogging my weight. I committed to losing a bit before CC, but it didn’t really happen. 78 isn’t overly high compared to where I’ve been, but there is a gut there that just doesn’t need to be there, so I’ve got me some bodyfat measuring scales, and I’ll be measuring and blogging it regularly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben

I too suffer from sleep problems thanks to my medication. To overcome this I take a teensie bit of Avanza every night to help me sleep (Avanza is an antidepressant and also a sedative). But Avanza gives me vivid, bizarre dreams - it's lesser of two evils really.

I am interested in knowing the name of your herbal sleeping remedy so I can give it a try.

I love my sleep but would love sleep without weird dreams. I suppose I should be grateful as at least the massive night sweats have stopped.

You've gotta love depression!!!!!

See you Saturday.

wt

4:56 pm  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Weight loss is a great way to improve times and reduce injury.

Takes a bit of mental toughness to hang in with a change in the diet. So it can be a hard way to improve.

10:16 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

If you want weight loss hints, chat to gnome. He's well experienced.

TA

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home