Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A physio visit to savour

So, after saying that I needed a break, what do you think was the first thing I did when I got home from work last night?

 

Run: 5.1K, slow as a wet week.

 

I pulled up a bit sore on Monday, mainly in the calves. I decided a recovery run out to Rhodes was a great way to shake off an ordinary day at work. The calves complained a bit at the beginning, but they calmed down after a K. I felt really drained in the last quarter of the run and was quite glad when it was over.

 

Later that night I turned my head in a normal manner but hurt my neck for some strange reason. Since then I have had pain when I turned my head at all, but particularly to the left. I saw the physio this morning, and she gave me this advice, which I want framed – it’s the first time I have heard these words from a physio, and my fellow runners will share my joy. She said:

 

“No bike, no swimming. Only running.”

 

Sweet!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Yep, sweet.

7:42 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Nice :-)

8:01 am  
Blogger 2P said...

Lol Benny and I thought it was going to be "don't turn your head"!

You are doing better than me mate - I haven't managed to get out on the road yet. Good on you ;-)

9:35 am  
Blogger Dave said...

I get the same sort of thing in my neck from time to time. Usually it is a muscle spasm that goes away in a day or 2 and I find that self massage has helped.

You are well and truly headed towards the dark side now, shunning the bike and goggles. A few long runs and you'll be ready for a marathon :)

9:53 am  
Blogger Cirque said...

So, where do we find this triathletically opposed physio :)

7:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know Physio's could say that!!!! (1st year, physio course - how to stop runners running)

I hope you got that in writing.

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home