Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's Lump, It's Lump, It's Lump, It's in my leg

Run: 7.76K in 46:19: New loop around Homebush. Felt great.

I was up late last night discussing run courses around the area with my Dad. He can't run anymore, but he walks the 5-10K to work (depending on which course he takes) most of the time.

So by the end we had mapped out a nice little loop course for this mornings run. About 7K by my estimation, with more undulations than any of my other courses.

It went out through some swampy area up to Olympic Boulevarde, down the boulevarde passing the stadium and back home through Bicentennial Park. I loved it. There is just something nicer about a course where you don't cover the same ground twice. Out and back is OK, but I much prefer a loop.

That said, I took a wrong turn in Bicentennial Park and did cover the same piece of ground twice, but not by much. This pushed the milage up by a little bit. Tesso, you were right - one to savour for the next few days.

So I had my lump out today. No problems. It was a sebaceous cyst, a bit smaller than a walnut. About four hours afterwards it bruised up like you would not believe, and it now makes Gronk's big toe look positively tasteful. If I can get one of the ladies at work to take a picture of it tomorrow, I'll post it. It's a bit sore, but nothing to worry about.

A few rest days now. I might have a ride on Saturday, and I will run on Sunday.

5 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Is this lump under my skin - I think so (well not any more) - I had one out of my neck a few years back - splattered everywhere ;-)

I prefer a loop too Ben - sounds like you are starting to enjoy your runs again - good :-)

11:12 pm  
Blogger Cirque said...

Take care of yourself Benny.
Bon voyage....or Joyeaux Noelle...or....

That's it. Get well soon!!!!

11:12 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Really glad to hear a real positive tone in the last few posts. Keep it going :-)

sfG

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your concern. I am always here in some form. Usually keeping an eye on what you are up too by lurking around the CR blogs.

Night shifts take their toll and unfortunately my blog updating suffers. But I am running regularly and taking good care of myself. I hope yau are too.

Are we going to see you at Quarry Road on xmas eve. We can offer a lift if you need one. Then you can loose your car keys!!

wt

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. That should be "can't" loose your car keys.

10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home