Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Swimming without my cossies

Monday afternoon I got home from work as full of beans as the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles, so I had a really enjoyable 5K to Rhodes & back.

Having corrected the weekend's pharmaceutical omissions I slept like a log on Monday night - bliss.

Swim squad did not start well. Once I was at the pool I became aware that I'd left my budgie smugglers at home. This left me to do swim squad in a pair of cotton shorts. Apart from the drag it turned out to be a good squad - the main set was a 1000m heart-rate set of:
6 * 50 @ 1:15
3 * 100 @ 2:30
200 pull buoy
2 * 100 @ 2:20

Pretty slow, but constant. I enjoyed it.

I'm having the surgery to have that lump removed from my leg tomorrow, so I'll go for a run in the morning beforehand. It's a local anaesthetic jobby, so I'll only be out of action for a couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Best of luck with the op Benny !

9:43 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Good luck with the op tomorrow. Betcha you're gonna enjoy that morning run knowing it'll be your last for a few days.

11:14 am  
Blogger Cirque said...

I hope the poor budgies survived the swim. Good luck with the op.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home