Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Moving Birthday

It's been a busy time since I got back from the Gold Coast. I had
planned an easy recovery week after the half, and that fitted in well
with the plan to move house last weekend.

In amongst piling stuff into boxes I managed a couple of easy 7K runs at
about 6:15 - 6:30 pace. We actually moved on Saturday, and it was
slightly traumatic. Imagine two committed hoarders and trying to cram
their accumulated detritus from living in big houses for ten years into
a three bedroom flat. It sucked.

On Sunday I was a bit sore from the move, but I got out for a nine
kilometre run along the Parramatta River (back to one of my
favourites!). It was slow and uneventful.

Monday was my birthday. A week beforehand my MP3 player had kicked the
bucket, and DJ was right onto it, so I now have a 1GB iRiver to
accompany me on the run. But the best present was a card from twins that
said "Dear Ben, Happy Birthday. We're glad your part of our family." :D

We're settling in now. I've resumed normal training this week. On Monday
I went for a slow 5K, on Tuesday I went for a 7K run at 6:20 pace and
yesterday I went out for another 9K run. The target pace was 6:15, but I
just felt like going faster and even though I slowed up each time I
looked at the Garmin I finished up on 6:05.

The next serious race will be C2S, so I'll dispense with speedwork and
add in a hillwork session each week for the next month, but I'm still a
long way short of PB condition, so at this stage the target is 80
minutes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gronk said...

Good to see things are going really well for you Benny. Good result at GC too mate. Happy Brithday for Monday too ! :)

7:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have found a wonderful new relationship and some great kids to go with it. You almost don't need a birthday present with that kind of happiness.

Happy birthday to you for last Monday. My birthday is next Monday. Cancerians are great people.

wildthing

9:36 am  
Blogger 2P said...

That's a sweet card Benny - treasure it.

Happy Birthday for Monday ;-)

5:30 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A very late birthday wish from me, Benny! Happy for you with your new family.

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home