Friday, June 23, 2006

Manic

Sun: 21.1K @ 6:23
Mon: 5.8K @ 6:40
Tue: 12K @ 6:05
Fri: 5.8K @ 6:15

This week has absolutely manic. DJ and I are having a party to celebrate
our impending departure from the Western Suburbs this weekend, it's been
incredibly full-on at work and we are also trying to pack for our
impending move.

Sunday's long run was a bit rough. I was at a party on Saturday night
and so I was slightly worse for wear, and by the end of what should've
been an easy long run I felt and looked like I'd just run a really hard
half-marathon. The original plan was another four laps of the regatta
centre, but it was booked for other uses, so I did 10K of local running
around the nearby Whit Water complex, and finished with two laps of the
regatta centre.

Tuesday was a better run. I went a bit quicker and felt pretty good, but
I came dome with a sore throat on Tuesday night. It was a viral thing
that went away pretty quickly, but I felt it was best to stay warm for a
couple of days, and took two rest days.

I was back into it this morning. Initially the plan was 1K warm up, 4K
hard (5:30) and 1K warm down. After the first hard K I did a
reassessment of how well I was and jogge3d the rest of the run. The one
5:30 K was a real challenge, but the rest of the run was comfortable.
And the timing was perfect: I had just walked into the lounge room after
showering and dressing for the football to start 20 seconds later. Woo
Hoo!

Then tragedy struck - I tore a hole in my skins putting them on!!!!!!
Arrghh!

I'll stay out of the pool this weekend to keep the bugs away. Taper
time!

2 Comments:

Blogger miners said...

oh no - I've been living in dread of a hole being torn in the skins - please tell me you've had them for a while!

1:12 pm  
Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Noooo!!!!! Not the Skins!! Aaarrrggghhh...

Hope things continue in an enjoyable, if slightly less manic, mode. Enjoy the taper :-)

Gnome

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home