Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Strategies for keeping warm in winter

Wed AM: 11K @ 6:08

Last night I jumped on the scales for the first time in weeks.

Oh my giddy aunt!

83.2Kg. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a culprit for the slower
times. I have been in the good paddock. In fact, were I not a vegetarian
I could be accused of eating all of the cows in the good paddock.

So diet will become a big factor in the five weeks running up to the
Gold Coast. I hope to get down to about 78kg, but I've said that before.

Strategy one for keeping warm in winter: Carry an extra stone (6.3kg) of
superfluous flesh.

Yesterday became a sort-of rest day - I did a short Pilates DVD session
in the morning. I did, however, locate a shower at work.

This morning I used the knowledge I'd gained yesterday, and drove to
work in trackies and a jumper and did a running tour of Milperra for 11K
this morning. I felt really rusty for the first 4K, but then I hit a bit
of rhythm and I felt I had a bit left at the end.

I did find it hard to stay at my target pace of 6:15. I just seem to
want to run at 6:00 or 6:30.

The shower at work was great. Now I just have to remember to bring a
towel. I dried myself with a spare t-shirt.

Strategy two for keeping warm in winter: Run at 7:00AM instead of
5:30AM.

I have decided to stop riding on the roads. I've never felt particularly
safe out there - I'm an uncoordinated person at the best of times, and
DJ has always been pretty nervous whenever I've been riding on the road.
DJ also worked with John and we've both been shaken a bit by his death.
I'll get a wind trainer soon, and we will be moving to Homebush Bay in
July, where the bike paths make for safe riding. In the meantime, I
might get back into the pool or hit the M7 cycleway and the regatta
centre.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lots of cows in the paddocks here, Ben! So you didn't eat all of them by any means & you'd need the extra to keep you warm here...just like the cows do!!

8:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home