Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Back in the workforce

Mon PM: Run, 8K in 48 min. Recovery run? Not really.
Tues PM: Swim, 1400m in about 30 minutes. Psuedo squad.
Wed AM: Run, 9K in 54 minutes. Reasonable.

I left for work on Monday at 6:45AM and got home at 7:45PM Most days will be shorter than this, but this was a bit of a shock to the system. I got out at 9:00 for an 8K recovery run. I should've rested. I felt a little bit nauseous, and my right knee was niggling throughout the run. It had been niggling a bit on Sunday, but it was worse on Monday.

I decided to take an easy week after this run, sothe plan on Monday was a 1500m Pseudo squad swim at a pool close to work. I got 1400m in before I got kicked out of the closing pool at 7:00. They informed me that they start an adult squad at this time, but the rest of the centre is closed. This is great, I'll be able to work back on Tuesday nights and do the squad at 7:00.

I slept at my sister's place on Tuesday night (it's pretty close to work) and went for a run first thing this morning. It was a run along a bike path in darkness along the Georges River. I passed a few other runners, but it was still a bit disconcerting in the dark.

Being a rest week, I went out for 9K. The knees were fine and I felt a fair bit better. A rest day tomorrow should see me improve a fair bit. The plan is to ride 50 on Saturday, run 10-12 on Sunday and rest on Monday. Then it's back into the full program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home