Thursday, May 26, 2005

Tempo Run

Run: 12K in 67 minutes. 4.5K tempo burst in the middle.

My brain was nearly melted by the time I left work tody, it's taking a bit of getting used to the working week. So by the time I got home I couldn't wait to get out for my run.

I wanted speedwork without smashing myself the way I do in an interval session, so I just went out on a tempo run. A 5K jog, about 4.5K at 10K pace, and a 2.5K jog to finish up. I hit about 91% of max HR towards the end of the tempo section, and I was feeling it a bit.

I used the same course as Tuesday - the Windsor Rd bike path. In truth, it's probably a bit dark, it certainly was tonight. I may have to invest in a headlamp for evening runs or hit the treadmill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning at the 5k! Hope you are sleeping better...work is brain melting isn't it! Especially when it's a new job. Look after yourself matey.

5:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home