Friday, June 10, 2005

Pre Dawn Tempo

Tempo Run: 9K, 3.5K Tempo in 17 minutes. 53:30 Overall.

I got to bed at 9:30 last night to get up at 4:40 for a tempo run. I went through the first 3.5K with the dogs, so it was very slow. I did the same 3.5K loop again quickly as the tempo section of the run and finished off with a 2K cooldown jog (ha ha: cooldown at 5:30AM in Windsor - it's cool enough already).

It was a decent little session, and my first attempt at running before driving to work from Windsor. I don't think it had any affect on my working day, and the run was actually pretty good. If I can get to bed early enough on the previous night I think this is a pretty good way to go.

Now, having finished my first week of work I can say I'm very happy with the new job so far. The days are long but the work is interesting and varied and the working environment is good. I'm confident I can keep training adequately without losing the plot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyne said...

Very impressive Ben.
Your dogs are very lucky . . . although I imagine that pre dawn in Windsor is similar to pre dawn in Canberra, so maybe you should think of it as a "warm down".
Congratulations on your first week at work. I hope that it continues to go well.

8:00 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Well done Ben. I'm very happy to hear that your new job is going well and that you managing to squeeze in the training....but Windsor at 4.30am - yikes !

12:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home