Wednesday, December 21, 2005

More Stitches

Tue PM: Swim, 2000m in 49:10
Sleep: Excellent. About 5 hours
Weight: 89Kg (Bugger)

I left work at 5:30 yesterday because my brain had ceased functioning, and I didn't want to wait for an hour for squad to start, so I had the idea of just doing 20 * 100m at 2:20. After three of them I decided that 2:30 was a better idea, and so I did the rest of them at 2:30, with a 1:10 killer to round it off. It was a great session, and must be a 2000m PB for me, because I have never covered that distance in that time. What's more, it felt comfortable. Mostly they were 2:20 100s with 10 second rests.

Today I went to get the stitches out from my leg. After this happened I walked back to the car but I felt something dripping down my leg. I rolled up my pants, and the bandage had blood seeping out. So another (1Km) walk back to the surgery, and more stiches. This time they are in for two weeks.

But the important thing: no running until Saturday (still in for Quarry Rd, sweet!) and no swimming until Friday. I should've done some upper body work tonight, but instead I caught up with my visiting sister. I better pull my finger out - one day of tracking it and I'm already up 1Kg.

4 Comments:

Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear you are still on for the big Q Benny - cya there :-)

4:23 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Hope your leg is better soon Benny.

I'm swimming tomorrow morning and I might try the 100m intervals, just not 20 of them!

Have a happy and safe Christmas and a wonderful new year. Here's to many PBs in 2006!

8:41 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Good to see your taking it easy until the 'Big Q' run, hopefully the leg will be fine by then.

Have a good Christmas. No doubt we'll catch up again in what's bound to be a great 2006 for all of us!

11:42 am  
Blogger Don Juan said...

Thanks for the encouragement to get out there to Quarry Road. Actually enjoyed it, and the body held up well.

Have a good Christmas.

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home