Thursday, December 02, 2004

Changed my mind

I had a rest day planned for today, but I felt that it would be a better use of my time to have the rest day on the weekend, leaving me more time to spend with Fiona, so I went for a swim this morning.

My arms still felt a bit stiff from Tuesdays swim so I decided I wouldn't push myself too hard. I went for the 25m pool and did forty slow laps trying to concentrate on my style. I got lazy at several points, and my kick goes to pot if I'm not concentrating on it, but I do feel as though its getting better.

I think that "concentrating on style" is probably why my arms still felt sore from Tuesday, so I don't expect they'll feel any better after today. That's OK, I don't plan to swim again until Monday. There is a novice swim squad at the gym on Mondays, so I hope that things might improve with someone watching my stroke. I had a series of stroke correction lessons last year, but I know old habits are creeping in. Besides which, I really haven't done any swimming since the lessons up until injury stepped in.

Tomorrow I will ring the Sports Doctor and get some opinion on whether I can resume running (woo hoo!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home