Tuesday, January 18, 2005

If it's not the knee...

It’s the shin.

Monday Jan 17

I spent all Monday walking around with a sore right shin. Given that I had my first serious run in the Kayanos on Sunday I have a nasty suspicion that my $120 bargain wasn’t such a bargain. I’ll run in the 2090’s for the next couple of runs and give them another go on Sunday.

I felt really sore all over on Monday morning. I went to the pool first thing and swam a very slow 1200m, but I was pretty much stuffed after that and my stroke had gone to hell, so I called it quits.

Spent the evening at putt-putt with a bunch of other Coolrunners. It was great to meet a bunch of people whose posts you have been reading for months, but after knowing Coolrunning handles it makes it doubly hard to remember real names.

Tuesday Jan 18

The shin was still a bit sore this morning, so I took my planned 5K run on the treadmill at 10kph. The right shin was great during the run, but the left knee was a bit sore. I struggled the entire way with the run – I felt ordinary after 1K and didn’t get better. I would’ve loved to know what my HR was, but I'll be getting the HRM back soon - covered under warranty!

That seemed to sort the shin out for the day, but the knee continued to be sore. In the afternoon I went for a ride to the gym pool, did a nice, slow 1000m and rode home. This workout is rapidly becoming a bit of a favourite, combining 18-20K of riding wityh 1K of swimming.

I'm still trying to find the best seat position for the bike. I adjusted it down a bit after this afternoon's effort. I'm going to ride 35K or so tomorrow morning. Hopefully there will be some improvement in comfort.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Wow, 120 bucks! Bargain!! Where did you get them mate? Get some ice on those legs after every session mate, keep 4 plastic cups of ice in the freezer at all times, ice in the morning and night, trust me, as a slave to these issues, it does work! Good luck.

9:59 am  
Blogger Bennyr said...

Sportsco Richmond for the cheap shoes, but I have heard that they have sold out of them.

I'm currently only icing after runs (3 times a week). I'll give it a lot more now. I'll give anthing a go to get the volume up a bit!

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home