Thursday, January 06, 2005

One hell of a ride

I didn't fancy a 5:00AM start this morning, so I left my session for the afternoon. When I got home at 6:40PM I decided that I would have enough sunlight for a 75 minute bike ride, so off I went.

All was going well, I was pushing a little hard because I guess I wanted to get through the course before sunset, when at about 8:00, with 7K to go one of my pedals fell off. Bugger.

Try as I might, I couldn't get the thing to screw back on so I called my wife. No response. I called my only local mate. Unable to help.

So in fading to no light I walked the last few kilometres guiding my sick and sorry bike the entire way - with my knee gently throbbing to remind me of my impending visit to the physio tomorrow. Got home at 9:30 absolutely starving, as I had yet to eat.

I had a good interview for another contract job today. Fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bugger about the bike, Ben! Hope the job contract works out. LL

7:36 am  
Blogger Bennyr said...

The pedal is back on, no harm done, and a bit of a funny story, Luckylegs.

I promise my next post will be contain more positive news!

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home