Friday, January 07, 2005

I've been a very naughty boy, master.

I had a great day today. The day started with a trip to the pool after walking the dogs. Fiona accompanied me and we both managed 1km in the outdoor pool. I started with 200m slow freestyle, then I did a bit of work with the kickboard and flippers to build my kick a bit, and then finished with another 200m slow freestyle. We had to move into another lane for the last bit, as swim squad started where we were swimming. I did my last 200m sharing a lane with a guy who didn't quite grasp the "swim to the left" concept, but I am thin enough these days so that we just hit hands, no damage done. A great lttle session in the pool.

From here it was off to the physio. Today's session was particularly painful, so I suggested that he could charge more money if he dresses in leather and chains and called his patients "a very naughty boy/girl". The conversation went from there, and the laughter helped take my mind off the pain. I have to call him "Master" from now on. The good news is that he wants me to keep running! Woo Hoo! I'll do a quickish 5K at some stage on the weekend, probably tomorrow night.

After the physio I had a very good little meeting in the city with a placement agency guy who seems very positive about finding me something in the Western Suburbs, which would be fantastic.

From the meeting I jumped onto a train with only 30 seconds waiting on the platform (worth mentioning, trains to Windsor run every half hour during the peak), which gave me enough time to drop my bike at the shop (not for the pedal, I put that back on myself; the problem is with the wheels). I should have it back on Monday.

This left me with the mountain bike, so I took it for a 53 minute, 19K ride in the afternoon. I am definitely a lot faster than I was afew weeks ago. The other thing I noticed on the ride was how much more severe wind resistance is on the mountain bike.

I feel a bit sore in the knee tonight. The physio said "Don't run today". Perhaps I should have asked about the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home