Monday, January 10, 2005

I'm famous!!!

Today started well - a 4K run around the oval in 23:08 with no disomfort. HR up to 155, so the fitness is improving. The knee was very good.

I had some casual work in the city today, so I bought a copy of Runner's World for the train ride, and started to read the letters.

One titled "Birthday Run" read "I finished my first marathon in Sydney". I thought "I ran that race" (the picture on the side is me passing the finish line). It went on to say "I didn't care that the clock said 4:29".

Well in case you can't see the time, the clock says 4:29:21 in the picture, and I was beginning to wonder if I had met this person on the run.

The letter then went on to say "I must also mention my running partner for the day, Ben.". It was at this point I realised the letter was from a lovely lady called Christine Beasley, who I spent a most enjoyable 4 and a half hours with on September getting through a major achievement together. We met that morning in the 4:30 pace group, and set our own 4:30 pace when the group took off on us. It spun me out to stumble on a reference to myself like that.

I didn't get home until 8:20 tonight, so swim squad was out, but I did manage to squeeze in 1200m at the pool before closing time. My shoulder got very sore at 700m, so I took a short break at that point and kept going. It feels pretty achy now, so I think I may have yet again fallen victim to my unwillingness to listen to my body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home