Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Pushing it

Fiona and I walked the dogs first thing, stopping at the oval. After doing a couple of laps Fiona took the dogs home while I did a tempo run. 800m warmup in 5 minutes, and then I settled into an attempt at 3200m at 5:00min/k pace. I ended up doing the run at 20 second quicker than I had hoped and at the end I was so stuffed I didn't even attempt the warm-down 800m, just had a quick lie down and walked slowly home.

Had an uneventful physio session today. He wants to see me again in a fortnight.

After the morning session I was considering not training for the rest of the day, but I felt OK by five o'clock. It was still 38 degrees, but I thought "bugger it" and rode over to the gym pool (8K) and swam 300m of straight swim and 500m of kicking drills. I wore the HRM, that the guy from Pursuit-Performance had assured me was water proof. After the first 100m I looked at it. It was blank. It flushed some rubbish on the screen, vibrated a bit, made a beep and died. I'll ring Pursuit-Performance tomorrow and see if they can fix it - I can't afford a new one, and if it is dead I think I would like to wait until I can afford a Polar 625-X.

Felt very tired on the trip home into the wind. Rest day tomorrow, very happy about that.

I've decided that nine sessions a week is probably too much. I'm toying with cutting back to eight or seven. After the triathlon on January 30 I'm planning to switch the focus back to running, say 4 runs, 1 ride, 1 swim and possibly a swim-ride combination. After the tri I want to smash my 10K PB, which stands at 57:00 (I know, soft as hell.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home