Friday, January 14, 2005

Cheap Kayanos and Frostbite

Yesterday was a rest day. I dropped in to Sportsco during the day and saw some Asics Kayanos on sale for $120, and they had my size. I didn't require much thinking time here. I've been wearing 2090's for the last few months, but previous to that I was in motion control shoes. I reckon these shoes may be good for the ITB's.

Today started with a 1000m swim. I didn't have a car today, so I had to ride the 1.5K to the pool. I just did a straight swim. I had planned to go further, but I has having goggle problems and to fix things I had made the goggles very tight, and I was getting a headache towards the end, so I rode home and jumped on the treadmill for 2K in the new Kayanos. They felt great, but I reckon they are a little loose (they had the smaller size, and that was definitely too small), so I will buy some thicker socks to run in.

I iced my knee after the run (something I have been spectacularly slack about for the last few weeks) and after I took the ice pack off I noticed this red rash on my knee. I asked a friend (a registered nurse just accepted into medicine at a Queensland university) who said flatly "Frostbite.". I reckon I might put the ice pack in a towel next time (like I knew I should).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home