Saturday, January 22, 2005

Tough Ride

Yesterday was a rest day. I boughta "Pilates for Runners and Cyclists" DVD and gave it a go to work on Core Strength - bloody hard work! I lasted about 15 minutes. I'll probably do this a few times a week.

Today I got out for a 50K ride with the tri-club. I struggled from the outset, and I dropped off the back a couple of times. I felt pretty sore early in the ride, and it got tougher from there. That said, I think we went a bit quicker than last week. HR got up to 157, and was around 145 average.

Each time I dropped off a bloke called Dave who is an Iron-Man finisher came back and encouraged me. He is a big bloke who trained his arse off for 18 months, lost 30Kg and finished Busselton in 16 hours. These are the athletes that inspire me - he still has the self-described "physique of a darts player".

Tomorrow I have a social cricket match. I'm considering dropping the planned 5K morning run, but the thought of missing a running opportunity at the moment is so abhorrent that I don't think I will. I'll probably do it on the tredmill to minimise impact, as the cricket will probably do my knee in good and proper.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home