Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bloodbath at the Oasis

This morning was swim squad. I rode my bike down, as the car was in for service, and had a hard session of about 1.8K in the indoor poolinvolving drills and kicks. Finished it off with a 50m time trial (45.08).

Exiting the pool, I stepped on a broken tile. When I started to stretch my hamstrings I noticed my left foot was covered in blood. I looked back at the pool, and there was a trail of blood leading from the side of the pool to where I was standing, and people standing around talking about it.

The staff at the Oasis took over at this stage, applying first aid. It took a few minutes to stop the blood flow, and there were a couple of ugly little pools of the stuff, but this got cleaned up very quickly. I spent about twenty minutes in the first aid room getting bandaged up, and then went out and got myself a bad flat white. Luckily, a couple from the squad had come in a ute, and they offered to drive me and my borrowed road bike home, which was much appreciated, I was feeling very faint by this stage.

So with a bandage on my foot and a very light head, I have decided not to take my planned run this afternoon, and keep tomorrow as the rest day that was planned. Back for the long bike ride on Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Bloody hell, that sounds painful!!!

A lot worse than mine.... Hope it's fine now!

5:26 pm  
Blogger Bennyr said...

It might be that I'm a bigger sook.

6:34 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy shite, Ben, my sore big toe is nothing compared to what's happened to you! take it easy over the weekend, won't you? LL

8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home