Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Idiot Wind

Chris (CR Omni) has been using song titles to title his blog posts, so I'm giving it a shot today.

Yesterday afternoon I made it to the pool at 6:20 expecting squad to start at 6:30. Swim squad had been cancelled, so I decided to do a 200m warm up, 600m of drills, 100m at close to full pace and a 100m warmdown, for a total swim of 1K. I felt ordinary at the start, but after a while I started to feel quite strong. I was stuffed at the end of the 100m at close to full pace, but my stroke felt good, and I really think I am improving my swimming.

I had an uneventful physio session this morning. He gave me a strap for my knee, which I will try out at Penrith tomorrow (5K Race), wearing the 2090's, but he wants me to persist with the Kayanos, so I will run in them on Friday.

At 2:00PM today I got out for an 80 minute ride. It was windy (30Kph, gusts of 41) and this seriously messed with me. I ended up going about 33K in the 80 minutes, slower than I would usually hope for , but OK in those conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home