Friday, January 28, 2005

Treadmill 5K

This morning I went to the gym to test exactly how I would handle a 10.5kph 5K, to see if I found it any easier than the same on my home treadmill. In short the answer is no - in both runs my HR maxed at 164, although today it took a while to get up into the 160s, unlike last Sunday, when I was in the 160s in the first K.

I guess this means that my true endurance training pace should be slower than this, the problem being that the physio would prefer me not to be running slower than this to try to maintain good form. I'll just stick to this pace for the time being - let's face it, with my longest run at 5K I'm not doing any "endurance" training at the moment anyway.

Tomorrow I rest: Sunday I become a triathlete.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Mate

Omni

12:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home