Sunday, January 23, 2005

Wash out

Today's social cricket match was cancelled due to thunderstorms, so I got on the treadmill in the morning and did a quick (10.5kph) 5K. The HR rose steadily over the first 2K and plateaued around 162 for the rest of the run.

This is probably a bit hard for what was technically a training pace run, and I certainly didn't expect it to be that high given the 25:10 over a slightly hilly 5K last week. I'm beginning to suspect the treadmill is running quicker/longer than it is telling me. I might try the same workout at the gym sometime this week and see how the body reacts.

One week to go until the triathlon, so I will do a slight taper this week. The triathlon is 500m swim, 20K ride, 5K run.

Distances for the week:
Run: 13.4k
Bike: 104k
Swim: 2.2K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home