Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Hills of the Hawkesbury

It was pissing down when the alarm went off this morning, so I went back to sleep with the intention of doing an RPM class (stationary cycling) tonight instead of my planned 80 minute ride.

By mid-morning it had cleared and my planned piece of casual work had been delayed. I called my coach and asked him whether I should go for a ride or do the class.

His opinion is that I should ride some hills. I asked him for an appropriate course, and he told me to ride to Wilberforce, cut accross to North Richmond and the ride back to Windsor. I drove the course just to be sure and measured it at 32K of bastard hills and rode it after I got back. My bike computer is on the blink, which is a shame. I'm sure I went faster today than I have ever gone before. My HR was certainly higher than I have had whilst riding before (avge about 146).

Tonight I am again stuffed. This is a slight concern as tomorrow I plan two sessions - swim squad and a 6K run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home