Thursday, January 27, 2005

Swim Squad: 2K Time Trial

This morning I Went to the local pool for swim squad. This was the first time I had done a squad at the Oasis, which is the closer and more expensive of the two pools I use.

Today they had a 2K time trial, which took me 56 minutes. This is the longest swim I have done in my life. I felt awful for the last 500m, but I got through it, and the instructor gave me a bunch of stroke correction tips, most of which I had heard before, but these things are very difficult to change. They include:

  • Coming too far out of the water to breath.
  • Dragging my legs.
  • Bringing my arm over while breathing
  • et al.

I'll keep some of this stuff in mind on Sunday, but I won't get carried away with it: I just need to stay comfortable for 500m.

I didn't mention the strap my physio gave me in yesterday's post, but it worked a treat - during the run my knee was completely free from pain. After I took it off, the pain returned. I spoke to the physio this morning, and he wants me to wear the strap during the day now, and it is again working a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home