Saturday, February 05, 2005

Tough Ride

Riding with the tri club this morning. Standard ride: 50K. I really struggled today, so I was glad when one of the other blokes told me that"the pace is really on today" (my bike computer is still stuffed, so I had no idea). I was stuffed by the end, and got dropped off the back several times.

The same bloke (an old bloke called Bernie) also gave me some riding tips about my seat being too high, my foot placement being wrong (I will fix this with proper pedals and shoes when I have more money) and my chain not being lubed properly. So I have all that to work on before next week. It's good to get feedback.

Feeling a bit weary this afternoon, but a lot better than yesterday. The day off has helped. I have a 6K run tomorrow and I can't wait.

The foot feels much better now, as does the knee and the ITB. It will take all of my will power to keep building slowly rather than ramping up quickly on running, but I know I have to stick to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home