Monday, April 25, 2005

14.3K Long Run

Sun AM - 14.3K Run, 1:21:27 AHR:148. Slightly puffed.
Mon PM - 5K Run, No HRM, no watch.

Sunday's long run was the reintroduction of an old favourite course - a loop through South Windsor, into Richmond via Blacktown Rd, and back into Windsor via Windsor St/Richmond Rd. 15K less warmup/warmdown walking. I kept my heartrate below 155 until the last kilometre, which is a constant hill back into Windsor. With this in mind I was stoked with the time - well below 6min/Ks. The knee hurt a bit afterwards, but nothing like the pain after last week's long run.

Sunday night I saw Mark Seymour and James Reyne do an acoustic show at Rooty Hill RSL. I was never a big fan of either when they were in their respective bands, but I do enjoy a bit of their work now. These guys were awesome. Mark Seymour is an incredibly powerful singer and James Reyne is a brilliant showman (and a great live singer). A top night out.

This morning I went into the city with Fiona to watch the march and caught up with my father-in-law, who is a Vietnam veteran, at the pub afterwards.

Keeping the "unplugged" theme of the previous night going, I went out for an "unplugged" 5K easy run this afternoon. No watch, no HRM, no MP3. Just me and the road... and the traffic ... and the other Westies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home