Sunday, April 17, 2005

SMC 10K - Finally, a new PB!

Run: 10K in 52:59, SMC. Four minute PB.

Finally, my 57 minute 10K PB is history. This has been my first attempt at 10K in over a year.

The temperature was 16.3 and the humidity was apparently 97%, but it didn't feel that bad to me. With the memory of the Coolrunning challenge debacle fresh in my mind, I deliberately made sure I wasn't panting for the first half of the race. Did the first K in 5:08, and was pretty happy.

At the 5K turnaround I was doing OK at 26:11. From there I must have slowed a bit, because even though I put the foot down a bit at 9K and ramped it up a bit more when I saw the finish line I finished in 22:59. I'm happy with this. I had hoped for 52:00, but it's been so long since I've run the distance, that was just a guess. I don't think I could have done a lot better - as it was I felt the vomit hit the back of the throat towards the end.

Chatted with a few Coolrunners after the race, which was great. Heard a number of first hand Canberra stories. I wanna do another marathon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

Way to go Ben! What an awesome run. A 4 minute PB. I hope ADSA were out there testing you after that run. Sounds like you are on top of that ITB problem. See you at the next CR 5km Challenge?

8:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home