Friday, April 15, 2005

I couldn't pace my way out of a wet paper bag

AM - Run, 8.4K in 46:15, avg HR 158. Tough. Felt sluggish.
PM - Swim, 1000m with 400m of sprints. Tougher.

The morning run was supposed to be at normal training pace. Even with the HRM telling me I was going too hard and just feeling crappy, I pushed myself too damn hard. I should be training at 6 min Ks, not 5.5. This is more a tempo run pace.

Hopefully with a rest day tomorrow I should be right for a 10K PB on Sunday, because I feel stuffed right now. The excellent news is that on my last two runs I didn't even think about my knee. It's coming good I tells ya!

In the afternoon I swam. The plan was to do a 200m warm up, 600m of sprints and a 200m warm down. I did 3 50m sprints, 2 100m sprints and the body just said "no". So I waited a bit, did one final lungbusting 50m sprint and did a feeble 400m warm down, and I even had to take a break in the middle of that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Horrie said...

It's good to hear that the knee is allowing you to push that hard Ben. Now that the knee is getting better, you just have to build your fitness up and start off slower. It will come with time. Be patient.

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home