Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Intervals

I wanted to do some intervals at the regatta centre this morning, but when I got there at 7:00 the tracks had been closed for the schools triathlon championships, so I went to a nearby oval (the one just ouside Penrith Stadium).

I ran a warm up lap, did seven effort laps with half lap jogging/plodding intervals and a three lap warm down. Fourteen laps. I suspect the oval was a bit more than 400m in circumference - the efforts all took about 2:09, and it felt a lot like the 4:45min/K pace I was doing last week.

I just had time to nick back to the regatta centre for a shower before physio at 9:00. he worked my back and the ITB, and he has noticed improvement (woo-hoo!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Woo-hoo from me too, Bennyr! So good that there's improvement; good for the heart & mind, isn't it?
Thanks for your comment on my blog; I'll be doing the very best I can & it sure helps to get encouragement from others!
When you say your night prayers (?) on Saturday before going to bed, say one for Chickybabe!!!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Wish you were here Ben. It's almost bloody tropical - perfect for motorcycling! Which means it's not so good for doing 50k on foot.

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home