Saturday, April 09, 2005

Puff ... Tee ... Puff ... Shirt ... Puff .... Weather!

Thu: Swim Squad, Oasis in Windsor. 2.2K, really worked the arms..

Fri: Run, 8K in 48 minutes. Loop to Bligh Park Avge HR app. 153. Laboured Breathing.

Sat Ride, 50K in 1:50 with tri club. Avge speed 26.8

I have decided to blog in a new format. I'll summarise my workouts into one line each, as above. Below this will be any extra comments about the workouts. After this I will write any of the extra non-workout stuff. I hope this gives any readers the chance to jump off when they feel like it.

The ride this morning was great. I finally had my bike computer working, and I have got faster in the meantime. I'm still getting dropped, but not by as much and not as often. One emarrassing moment - one of the guys had a silly grin on his face whilst riding next to me as he put out a pointed finger. He was indicating to turn right, but it looked to me like he wanted his finger pulled. When it comes down to it, I am just a peurile little boy with a penchant for fart jokes.

I hope you noticed that I can now provide average speed on my new bike computer. Be impressed, dammit. That feature cost me an extra ten bucks!

The run on Friday was a bit tough. It was right on my new training pace, but it is patently obvious that I am not fit enough to reel off plenty of miles at this pace. The problem is that I will lose form if I go any slower. My physio wants me running at a minimum of this pace. Hopefully my speed and endurance training will get me to the point where this pace is achieved more easily.

A good test I failed is the my mp3 player threw up The Lucksmiths song "T-Shirt Weather" about two thirds in, and I only sang along with the first verse, and feebly at that. I'll know I'm running at a comfortable pace when my running version of "T-Shirt Weather" is scaring small children and making dogs howl.

And this segues nicely into last nights activities: I went and saw The Lucksmiths at the Annandale Hotel. Unfortunately I couldn't convince anyone to go with me, but I had a great time. They always deliver a great show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home