Sunday, April 10, 2005

That pesky knee

Sun: Run 12K in 71:15 Ave HR 148. Knee hurt afterwards.

Great morning for a run. The physio told me to take it up to 12K, which I did. My 12K local course is hillyfor 2K, flat for about 6K and really hilly for the last 4K. I felt good for the entire run - my breathing wasn't as laboured as my last run even though the speed mas about the same, and although the knee niggled a bit, it held up during the run. I finished it in 71:15, just a shade over 10kph.

My knee started to feel a bit ordinary soon after I stopped running. I walk the last 500m home, and it got progressively worse as I walked home. A couple of hours later it was quite painful to walk on (only whilst walking, but after a bit of extra stretching it calmed down. It feels OK now, but still far from perfect.

While participation has been a little taxing today, it is a much better day for support: Enjoyed watching a big Rabbitohs win with a Knights fan, and have been eagerly reading Canberra Marathon race reports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home