Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Just Bloody Marvellous

I had a job interview this morning. Ten minutes in we were just going through the motions - both sides had figured out I wasn't right for the job. The train ride home was a bit depressing as I thought about the situation.

I had a couple of calls from agencies during the afternoon, and I had a few things to think about by mid afternoon. What better way to spend 90 minutes thinking than out on the bike (except for running - but I'm not up to 90 minutes yet). I fitted the new bike computer I had had bought, but broke it in the process, so I just got out and hit the road. I suspect todays ride was about 37K, and it just all came together. Pedalled solidly, felt confident and fast and I just enjoyed it. I know this post follows a familiar theme, but I find that a good workout turns a rotten day into a decent one frequently.

I took a couple of phone calls during the ride, so I don't really know how long I was riding for, and because of the computer mishap, I don't know how far it was (37K is pretty fair - it was a 32K ride with a little bit tacked on).

I'm seeing The Lucksmiths on Friday night. This is my favourite band. Despite the fact I have seen them umpteen times before I am starting to get excited. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home