Monday, April 04, 2005

Recovery Run and Short, Sharp Swim

Decided to try a run with the dogs this morning. They cooperate OK on the run, but the young one (Beth) get a bit excited near other dogs, and the old one (Tali) usually defecates at least twice on a walk or run.

Today they were OK. The usual walking loop is a 3.5K loop through Windsor. We took this route. 2.5K in we have the local oval, so I tied the dogs to the fence and set off for four laps. Towards the end of the second lap I looked over to where the dogs were and didn't see them. I thought they were in a blind spot, but this quickly became not possible. Looking around the oval I saw them gleefully playing in the middle. They were both still on the double lead I walk them with, so although my knot had failed they were unable to seperate and unable to get into too much trouble. I did the laps a little quicker than standard training pace, but not much.

They both came to the conclusion that it would be pretty cool to run with me anyway, so I picked up the lead at the end of the four laps and the three of us trotted home.

The rain started within minutes of the start of the run, but I like that. It's a bit difficult to get motivated to go out in the rain, but if it starts when I am out there it is great.

This afternoon I hit the pool for a swimming sprint session:

200m warm up
4 * 50m sprints, 1 min rests
200m as hard as I could
2 * 100m sprints 90 sec rests
200m cool down

Absolutely stuffed by the end of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home