Sunday, April 03, 2005

A different runner

Today I ran the 10.4K loop course that I used as one of my key training runs pre-marathon. This is a bit of a landmark, because it's the first time since September that I have been able to use one of these courses, and I can happily announce I ran this course as a different, faster runner. Using the HRM to make sure I didn't over exert myself, I probably pushed myself a little harder than pre injury (an average HR of 148 as opposed to 145), but previously it would take me 68-70 minutes to complete this course. Today, at training pace and exertion, it took 1:00:17.

My running training has been based around getting my speed up, and this is confirmation that the effort has not been wasted.

The plan will be to start working on my 10K PB for the next few months, my half marathon PB in the back half of the year and I'm looking at making the Canberra marathon my key race in 2006, aiming at sub 4 hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sub 4 can put you in 6 foot in 2007!

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home