Thursday, May 12, 2005

Awesome Wednesday

Wed AM: Run, 16.5K in 1:28:20. Enjoyable long run.
Wed PM: Ride, 32.3K in 1:17 Ave Speed 25.5. Measuring Courses
Thu AM: Swim Squad, 2K, Too much backstroke.

Sometimes you just have one of those days where everything just goes well.

I'm racing 10K on Sunday, and I'll call that speedwork, so I slotted in my long run yesterday. I took the dogs out for the first 3.5K of the run, which means I did that at about 6.5min/K pace, but I also knew that I could go a bit slower than my last long run and still stay at 6 min/K pace. So I slowed a bit, enjoyed it a hell of a lot more, and came in from the run at pretty much bang on 6 minute pace. To get my 16.5K I went twice around the "dog loop" (my 4K course around Windsor), and deviated on my second lap to include the 10K loop that I commonly do along the RAAF base. With warmup & cooldown walks it works out to 16.5K.

In the middle of the day I went to a very positive interview in the city with a job agency who seem keen to put me forward for a job. After the interview a train back to Windsor arrived at the platform 3 minutes after I got there (they come hourly at that time of day). Woo Hoo!

This meant I had time for an afternoon ride measuring out running courses, confirming that I had run 16.5K in the morning.

Great night last night, my Mum's birthday is tomorrow, so we had a combined Mother's Day/Birthday dinner last night.

Swim squad this morning was good - not too tough, not too soft.

I still feel reasonably fresh, even after what was a pretty big day yesterday. I'm not getting much sleep, but I guess I'm getting just enough.

Tonight I'm going to see "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" With my good friend and fellow geek Marlon. Should be great.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, great to see everything coming together. You are building up nicely on the long runs. That 1/2 PB must be shaking in its boots.

You running Smithfield this wkd ?
Had planned the 10k race Sunday also but heading down southern highlands for dad's birthday bbq. Anyway, I've got knocks and niggles galore from touch footy Tuesday - so instead just some good steady jogs this week, a few little sharp sessions early next week and am hoping to knock a minute or so off my SMH PB on May 22. Good luck on the weekend.

2:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should put a name to my comments eh ?

I am "Anonymous"

2:31 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bennyr, I felt cheered just because you seemed to have had a good day!

7:57 pm  
Blogger Carolyne said...

Excellent day Benny!

You certainly deserved a diamond day like this.

Like LL it makes my day to hear that you're going well. May it continue for many years to come.

6:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home