Thursday, May 05, 2005

Easy Squad

AM: Swim Squad, 1500m, Felt easy.
PM: Ride, 18K, Course measurement, slow.

Felt dopey again this morning, but I was coming good by the time I got to squad at 9:30.

I haven't been to squad for a few weeks, but I have managed to swim twice weekly. It was short today at 1600m. Everyone else was going on about how hard it was, but it felt easy to me, I don't know if this means I am getting better at swimming. I really hope so.

I cooked an enormous vegetable curry (six frozen lunches worth) and mowed the lawn after squad, and by the time I finished that the watch said 4:00. Enough time to get out and measure some of my running courses on the bike (far more accurate than the car odometer).

I discovered that my 3.5K course is 4K long, and my 14.3K course is 14.1K (the lord giveth...).

The ITB feels a bit tight tonight. I'll see how I feel after I stretch and give it a bit of rolling pin. If it still feels shitty I may try the "Voltaren and Glad Wrap" idea I read on Clairie's Blog. I'm still far too shitscared to even think about the acupuncture that Vat_man suggested when I talked to him a few weeks ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Voltaren & Glad Wrap Idea"?? Will have to check that one out, Brendan! Don't worry about feeling 'dopey' on one morning...I'm like that on awaking every morning! You simply must be getting better at swimming...you work so consistently at it.

BTW love the thought of your vege curry...just the weather for it!

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home