Saturday, May 07, 2005

Soggy Sock Ride

Ride: 51K in 1:55. Avge speed 26.6. Raining

There were but four brave souls from the triathlon club who fronted up for this morning's ride. We got what we came for - it started raining pretty solidly 10K in, and it continued until about the 30K mark. this lead to me doing most of the ride in very soggy cotton socks.

I found it much easier to keep up with the other guys using the clipless pedals. I got dropped once, but this was during the unofficial Nutt Rd sprint, and I was doing 35kph at the time.

I managed to stay upright the entire ride, until I got back to my back gates, where I saw our young dog Beth asleep waiting for me, and I smiled, and called to her and forgot my foot was attached to the pedal as I stopped. You know what happened after that.

Today is medication cutover day - no pills. Despite the fact that I still took the old medication, which has a sedative effect, last night, I got no sleep. This is a slight worry, but I start the new medication tomorrow, and I will wait until I've been on that for a week before I worry too much.

The good thing is that despite the fact I had no sleep I was much less dopey this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home