Saturday, April 30, 2005

Simple Pleasures

Run, 5K in 23:51, a new PB at the Coolrunning Bay Challenge
Run, 3.5K slow jog back to the start.

A simple, satisfying day. Started with a well paced 5K PB at the Coolrunning Bay Run Challenge. Sarted as the only person in the 24 minute group, went through the first K in 4:40, second in 9:28, and had trouble finding the other K markers. I went OK with the 3K one, because I saw the inaccurate official marker, so I knew I was on target. At about 21 minutes I figured I'd missed the 4K marker, and started looking for the blue and gold Coolrunning gear. Finished in 23:51, a 54 second PB which was pleasing because it was well paced.

Chatted with a few people at the finish and on the way back. Good to make the acquaintance of Johnny Dark, Lone Wolf and a very chuffed Professor - 19:59:59 is a great way to break the twenty minute barrier; I was impressed.

Back at the start I ate Bernie G & Blue Dog's pancakes to, well, excess. I managed to meet Lorna (The Owl) amidst this Homer Simpsonesque performance and headed home with a full stomach and the demons of my last Bay Run 5K run exercised and then excorcised.

I spent the afternoon having a leisurely picnic with Fiona at Lane Cove National Park. Top day for it: sun shining without burning as we ate our lunch, and then a leisurely stroll around the park.

A PB, a couple of good feeds and good company. A day of simple pleasures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there bennyr

You looked great yesterday - comfortable and relaxed. Congratulations on the PB. See you next month.

WT

3:42 pm  
Blogger Bennyr said...

Thanks WT,

I just noticed I'd failed to thank you for your support in the blog (although I posted it.), so once again, thanks for your encouragement at various points during the run!

Cheers,
Ben

5:13 pm  
Blogger Aki said...

Congrats BennyR! That 24 minute barrier is pretty damn impossible!

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home