Monday, May 02, 2005

A run with the dogs and a swim with the masses

AM Run: 6K at approx 36 min.
PM Swim: 1000m in 30 minutes.

This morning I decided to go for a run with the dogs. Usually we go on a 3K walk first thing in the morning; today we ran the 3K. By the end both dogs (Beth, aged 3, she's a lovely dog, with the attention span of a goldfish and Tali, aged 7, seven years of cunning escapes and loyalty interspersed evenly) were feeling the pinch, and I was practically dragging them. I left them at home and did the same loop again.

Note to self: Never swim at the Oasis at 4:30 Monday.

The pool was completely full when I got there. They had the dodgy ropes out, which make 2 lanes into 3, and they were used all the way across the pool. As I was disrobing, they took one of the two public lap lanes for squad use. This left two thirds of a lane for the various swimmers and guys that were running up and down the lanes. The first 500m were a debacle, I had to weave and stop, but most of the not so serious people got out during this time, and by the end there was just me and this guy who was swimming just a bit faster than me. I did the 1000m at a quickish pace - quick enough that I had to stop and take a breather a few times.

Rest day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home