Saturday, May 14, 2005

More fun with Cleats

Ride: 51K in 1:55. Avge Speed 26.6

The tri club ride was a bit tough today. There were about 10 of us, and the speed was reasonable. I was doing OK, but I noticed halfway through that two of the screws had come out of my left shoe, leaving me with no way to click out. I thought "that might become a problem!", and sure enough it did when I went over with 10K to go. I pedalled one legged to the nearest servo and swapped a screw from the right to the left while the other guys waited, and finished the ride without further incident (except getting dropped for the last 4K).

Fiona had an accident in my car today. She is fine, but a little shaken - a truck ran into the back of the car at a set of lights. So tonight she's having "I've had a tough day" pizza. And fair enough, too.

Tomorrow I'll aim to take a little off my 10K PB. a 50K ride probably isn't a great prep, but I'm not planning to have a serious tilt - I think there's three minutes to be taken off, but I won't aim for sub 50 tomorrow, or I wouldn't have ridden 50K today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home