Monday, June 13, 2005

Short Long Run

Sun AM: 12K in about 70 minutes with much farting about.

Can we just start with what happened on Saturday night? Souths 44, Manly 6! As a beleagured Rabbitohs fan this had me bouncing around like a grinning idiot all night.

I got out at 7:15 on Sunday morning with the intention of running with a recently organised tri-club Sunday run. It's a very loose format - people basically doing their own thing, but we all start at the same time and head off on roughly the same course. I did a 1.5K warmup before I got there and headed off with two guys intending to do a 10K loop, this being the long run on a soft week. About 800m after starting everyone stopped for a stretch. This is not my usual modus operandi, but it seemed to work OK.

I didn't wear the HRM, but I should have. I knew I was going a bit faster than normal, and 4K in I just felt uncomfortable, so I let the guys go and tried to settle into a rhythm, but it just wasn't going to happen today. I had already got myself uncomfortable, there was no going back. I was very happy to get it over with and hit the shower.

I had a top time at the Coolrunning drinks last night. It's a great community to be a part of.

Unfortunately, the Coke I drank to survive the drive home made sleep an impossibility last night, so the fact that today is a rest day is just as well. Swim Squad tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home