Saturday, June 11, 2005

Turbo charged Tri Club

Bike, 51K in 1:49 Avge Speed 28.1kph. Fast and furious.

The tri club hammered it today. We did the normal 50K loop. It was a largish group with no real slower riders (well, except me) and we took it out solidly. The ride seemed to stick to normal pace for most of the ride, but in the second half everyone went a bit faster. I guess the difference is that I and a few others usually get dropped at this point, and we all meet up with 12K to go. That didn't happen today. I kept up and we got back about ten minutes quicker than usual. I didn't get dropped at any stage today, not even the climb into Windsor.

I don't know if this this performance is the result of the rest week or another one of those rapid improvements I've been getting lately (perhaps a bit of both) but I'm pretty happy about it.

I engaged in a bit of retail therapy this afternoon, including some cool weather training gear. It's good to be employed again.

I'm looking forward to drinks tomorrow night with the Coolrunners. Only problem is that I appear to be a bed by ten o'clock pensioner all of a sudden.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good ride, Ben...you must be improving to get back 10mins. earlier than usual; you'll be needing the cool weather gear soon too...must get a bit windy riding fast on those bikes. The ones who pass me on Sunday mornings always look so cold even though they're rugged up from head to toe. Hope you've had some of the rain up Windsor way...here, today it rained all day...lovely! Enjoy the CR drinks session.

9:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home